A colt and a filly by top international sire Galileo topped a strong Oct. 6 opening day of the Tattersalls October yearling sale at Newmarket, England.
Book 3 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale got started with a flourish Oct. 16 with 17 lots selling for 50,000 guineas or more and the six-figure barrier broken for the first time at the sale.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup