A colt and a filly by top international sire Galileo topped a strong Oct. 6 opening day of the Tattersalls October yearling sale at Newmarket, England.
Book 3 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale got started with a flourish Oct. 16 with 17 lots selling for 50,000 guineas or more and the six-figure barrier broken for the first time at the sale.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- MA Court Rules in Favor of Slots Referendum
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus