Mill Ridge Farm announced April 22 the death of Easter Bunnette, dam of 2011 Horse of the Year Havre de Grace. The 17-year-old mare hemorrhaged and died April 18 after foaling a colt by Bernardini.
Naughty New Yorker, a New York-bred Horse of the Year and champion older male, will enter stud at Chris Blake's Ascot Stud near Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada.
The Bink, dam of grade I winner Riskaverse, died Feb. 24 from hemorrhaging a day after foaling a Giant's Causeway filly.
Riskaverse finished next-to-last in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) on Oct. 29. But she was No. 1 Sunday at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select sale in Lexington, bringing $5 million to top the auction.
With two grade I victories and earnings of more than $1.5, no one would have been surprised had trainer Patrick Kelly and owner Peter Schiff retired Riskaverse after the 2004 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT). But with the event returning to Belmont Park in 2005, they decided on another season of racing for the 6-year-old mare.
A full sister to grade I winner Riskaverse was foaled March 8 at Catherine Parke's Valkyre Stud
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- California Implements New Whip Rule
- Ostrolenka, Good Luck Gus Rematch in NY Derby
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Workers' Comp Remains for NY Exercise Riders
- RaceTech Adds Suit Against Kentucky Downs
- 284 Cataloged for F-T New York-Bred Sale
- Rome Keynote Speaker at 2016 Owner Conference
- Santa Anita Reports Attendance, Handle Gains
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends