Mill Ridge Farm announced April 22 the death of Easter Bunnette, dam of 2011 Horse of the Year Havre de Grace. The 17-year-old mare hemorrhaged and died April 18 after foaling a colt by Bernardini.
Naughty New Yorker, a New York-bred Horse of the Year and champion older male, will enter stud at Chris Blake's Ascot Stud near Port Colborne, Ontario, Canada.
The Bink, dam of grade I winner Riskaverse, died Feb. 24 from hemorrhaging a day after foaling a Giant's Causeway filly.
Riskaverse finished next-to-last in the Emirates Airline Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) on Oct. 29. But she was No. 1 Sunday at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November select sale in Lexington, bringing $5 million to top the auction.
With two grade I victories and earnings of more than $1.5, no one would have been surprised had trainer Patrick Kelly and owner Peter Schiff retired Riskaverse after the 2004 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT). But with the event returning to Belmont Park in 2005, they decided on another season of racing for the 6-year-old mare.
A full sister to grade I winner Riskaverse was foaled March 8 at Catherine Parke's Valkyre Stud
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Jones Among Five for 2016 Texas HOF Class