Book 2 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale concluded Oct. 15 with a new sale record price of 525,000 guineas ($881,685 in U.S. funds) as well as marks for turnover, average, and median.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Eutrophia to Reduce Thoroughbred Holdings