Book 2 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale concluded Oct. 15 with a new sale record price of 525,000 guineas ($881,685 in U.S. funds) as well as marks for turnover, average, and median.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- The Curse of Haskin
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm