Book 2 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale concluded Oct. 15 with a new sale record price of 525,000 guineas ($881,685 in U.S. funds) as well as marks for turnover, average, and median.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- No Stopping Irish Mission in La Prevoyante