Book 2 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale concluded Oct. 15 with a new sale record price of 525,000 guineas ($881,685 in U.S. funds) as well as marks for turnover, average, and median.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Familiar Four-Furlong Breeze for Weep No More