Book 2 of the Tattersalls October Yearling Sale concluded Oct. 15 with a new sale record price of 525,000 guineas ($881,685 in U.S. funds) as well as marks for turnover, average, and median.
Britain's National Stud has been rocked by the resignations of four of its five directors in a protest linked to the appointment of a new chairman at the Newmarket farm, which is run by the Levy Board, a government subsidiary.
Britain's Horserace Betting Levy Board has approved a £400,000 interest-free loan toward the construction of a new owners and trainers' facility and dining room which can be used as an entertainment suite at Pontefract Racecourse. The board also re-appointed Kirsten Rausing for a second three-year term as a director of the National Stud in Newmarket.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Streaking A. P. Indian Tops Vosburgh
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile