The Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded Dec. 1 with a Dutch Art colt topping the final session at 105,000 guineas (US$168,598) on a day that saw 150 lots sell for 3,688,900 guineas ($5,923,281).
The average price rose 65.2% from 2008 during the opening session of the Magic Millions national horses in training sale Oct. 28 in Australia. The gross revenue also grew, increasing 12.7%.
The Magic Millions national sale ended June 11 on Australia's Gold Coast with the final session for the yearling portion of the auction and a session for racehorses.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- Rafting Set for 2016 Debut in Sam F. Davis
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Taking Shergar
- Kentucky Advances Equine Tax Break Bill
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour
- Sandiva Tries Dirt in Royal Delta
- Older Turf Horses Contest Tampa Bay Stakes
- Young Turf Trio Tries Obviously in Arcadia
- California-bred Champions of 2015