The Tattersalls December Foal Sale concluded Dec. 1 with a Dutch Art colt topping the final session at 105,000 guineas (US$168,598) on a day that saw 150 lots sell for 3,688,900 guineas ($5,923,281).
The average price rose 65.2% from 2008 during the opening session of the Magic Millions national horses in training sale Oct. 28 in Australia. The gross revenue also grew, increasing 12.7%.
The Magic Millions national sale ended June 11 on Australia's Gold Coast with the final session for the yearling portion of the auction and a session for racehorses.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky