Racing Australia's chief executive officer Peter McGauran Aug. 25 announced that he will not be seeking to renew his contract of employment upon its expiration in December.
The Australian Racing Board announced Sept. 16 it will impose a total ban on the use of anabolic steroids both in and out of competition.
The suspected diagnosis of equine influenza in a quarantined stallion is potentially the biggest risk ever faced by the billion-dollar Australian Thoroughbred industry, federal Agricultural Minister Peter McGauran said.
Most Popular Stories
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Nobiz Like Shobiz Settling in at Old Friends
- Stellar Wind Works in Company for Distaff
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Report: Dips in Stallion, Mares-Bred Numbers
- Quidura Reigns for Motion in Valley View
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Mr. Nightlinger Moved to Mighty Acres
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses