Racing Australia's chief executive officer Peter McGauran Aug. 25 announced that he will not be seeking to renew his contract of employment upon its expiration in December.
The Australian Racing Board announced Sept. 16 it will impose a total ban on the use of anabolic steroids both in and out of competition.
The suspected diagnosis of equine influenza in a quarantined stallion is potentially the biggest risk ever faced by the billion-dollar Australian Thoroughbred industry, federal Agricultural Minister Peter McGauran said.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm