A new record price for a yearling sold in Melbourne was set March 4 when Darley Australia paid Aus$750,000 for a smashing bay colt by Exceed And Excel out of Lowland Stakes (Aus-III) winner Gentle Call. The sale eclipses the previous best of Aus$600,000 for the Inglis Premier sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt