New York regulators have remanded for another hearing cases against trainer Anthony Dutrow and owner-breeder-trainer Peter Kazamias involving a 2009 race at Aqueduct Racetrack.
State regulators have upheld a 15-day suspension against owner/trainer Luis Gutierrez for racing a horse with an impermissible level of Flunixin at Finger Lakes Race Track.
The first reported foal by Bank Heist is a filly born Feb. 28 at J Jeps Farm near Anville, Pa.
Bank Heist, a winning half-brother to champion sprinter and two-time Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Midnight Lute, has been retired and will stand the 2012 breeding season at Kaz Hill Farm near Middletown, N.Y.
Monmouth Park closed out its 2005 season Sunday reporting a decline in wagering from last year while attendance remained stable.
Rene Araya, once among the top claiming trainers in New York, has retired to return to his former career as a jockey agent. Araya's new career begins again Feb. 19 when five-pound apprentice rider Catalino Martinez makes his American debut with two mounts at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Stellar Wind Dominant in Torrey Pines
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Valid Bounds Away to Iselin Victory
- NY Fan Forum: Improve Customer Service
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Smokey the Pony Reining at Saratoga
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow