New York regulators have remanded for another hearing cases against trainer Anthony Dutrow and owner-breeder-trainer Peter Kazamias involving a 2009 race at Aqueduct Racetrack.
State regulators have upheld a 15-day suspension against owner/trainer Luis Gutierrez for racing a horse with an impermissible level of Flunixin at Finger Lakes Race Track.
The first reported foal by Bank Heist is a filly born Feb. 28 at J Jeps Farm near Anville, Pa.
Bank Heist, a winning half-brother to champion sprinter and two-time Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Midnight Lute, has been retired and will stand the 2012 breeding season at Kaz Hill Farm near Middletown, N.Y.
Monmouth Park closed out its 2005 season Sunday reporting a decline in wagering from last year while attendance remained stable.
Rene Araya, once among the top claiming trainers in New York, has retired to return to his former career as a jockey agent. Araya's new career begins again Feb. 19 when five-pound apprentice rider Catalino Martinez makes his American debut with two mounts at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat