Richard L. Hamilton, a former steward and longtime racing official for the New York Racing Association, died April 18 at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany, N.Y., after suffering a heart attack. He was 76.
A $94,300 grant from the Alfred Z. Solomon Charitable Trust will enable the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame to begin operation of its race horse simulator exhibit this year.
Due to significant increases in energy prices, the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., will be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays in January and February of 2006.
The National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame has received a $3,500 conservation grant award from the Lower Hudson Conference of Historical Agencies & Museums for conservation of the 1919 painting Sir Barton by Franklin Brooke Voss.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Lieblong New Chair for Arkansas Regulator
- Summit of Speed Preview Set for Gulfstream