Peter Fuller, the New England car dealer best known for owning 1968 disqualified Kentucky Derby winner Dancer's Image, died May 14 after a lengthy illness.
Runnymede Farm, the New Hampshire nursery founded by prominent Thoroughbred breeder and owner Peter Fuller, has new owners, according to Seacoastonline.com.
Trip for A.J., second to Askbut I Won'ttell in the My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) last month, turned the tables in capturing $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Turf at Gulfstream Park Jan. 29.
Mad Flatter took a commanding lead after three-quarters of a mile and coasted to a 6 1/4-length victory over defending champion Mambo Meister on Oct. 16 in the $100,000 Spend a Buck Handicap (gr. III) at Calder.
The New England Turf Writers Association has elected its Hall of Fame class of 2009, which will be honored along with the 2008 NETWA award winners July 16.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick - There is a touch of irony that Mom's Command will be inducted into the Hall of Fame the same year as the trainer of Forward Pass, Henry Forrest, who was elected by the Historic Review Committee.
Champion Mom's Command, who won the Filly Triple Crown while ridden by owner Peter Fuller's daughter, Abby, was euthanized at age 25.
N.T.S. Stable's 3-year-old filly Annabill extended her win streak to three races after her victory in the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap at Calder on Saturday.
By Joe Hickey - Silky catkins on the willows; daffodils grinning 'neath the windbreak: Derby day is a-coming.
April 6, 1968
Most Popular Stories
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- Zia Park Hosts New Mexico Classic Cup Series
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board
- Tommy Town to Stand GI Winner Boisterous
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm