The Pennsylvania Equine Coalition has announced that a provision of state code that resulted in the diversion of 17% from the Race Horse Development Fund has sunset with the adoption of the state budget.
A percentage of horsemen's revenue from slot machines in Pennsylvania will continue to go to the state's general fund and other programs under the fiscal year 2013-14 unveiled Feb. 7 by Gov. Tom Corbett.
A shift in slot machine revenue from horse racing to other programs in Pennsylvania is set to expire this summer, and the Pennsylvania Equine Coalition Jan. 8 urged lawmakers to honor the sunset provision.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Don't Tell Sophia Tops Fall City Handicap
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Hushion Seeks 'Wand for Princess Violet
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position