G. Watts Humphrey Jr., who bred Ride On Curlin with his late mother, is the breeder of 1985 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Creme Fraiche. A win in the June 7 Belmont could provide him with a classic double.
Gemologist, winner of the April 7 Resorts World Casino New York City Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I), was a weanling when he made his first and only appearance in the auction ring.
Clear Mandate, a grade I winner and a multiple stakes producer, was euthanized Feb. 19 because of foaling complications.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Belterra to Honor the late Harry Holcomb