Attorneys for California winemaker Jess Jackson, who has sued five former bloodstock advisers and agents and the Buckram Oaks Holdings of the late Mahmoud Fustok for alleged fraud in bloodstock and farm purchases, have amended their complaint with regard to three paragraphs relating to Lexington veterinarian Arnold Pessin.
By Neil Pessin
"ENTER THEN KNOCK." I will always remember that sign hanging on the office door of Fair Grounds racing secretary and director of racing Mervin Muniz. Quite a bit of "knocking" occurred in that little office over the many years that Mervin was racing secretary. If you were the subject of the knocking and were present at the time, it was futile to try and defend yourself. There was even a horse named after Mervin--King Knocker.
Most Popular Stories
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Veterinarian-Farrier Team Key to Managing Laminitic Horses
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle