Attorneys for California winemaker Jess Jackson, who has sued five former bloodstock advisers and agents and the Buckram Oaks Holdings of the late Mahmoud Fustok for alleged fraud in bloodstock and farm purchases, have amended their complaint with regard to three paragraphs relating to Lexington veterinarian Arnold Pessin.
By Neil Pessin
"ENTER THEN KNOCK." I will always remember that sign hanging on the office door of Fair Grounds racing secretary and director of racing Mervin Muniz. Quite a bit of "knocking" occurred in that little office over the many years that Mervin was racing secretary. If you were the subject of the knocking and were present at the time, it was futile to try and defend yourself. There was even a horse named after Mervin--King Knocker.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Carr Released From Hospital After Surgery
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines