Attorneys for California winemaker Jess Jackson, who has sued five former bloodstock advisers and agents and the Buckram Oaks Holdings of the late Mahmoud Fustok for alleged fraud in bloodstock and farm purchases, have amended their complaint with regard to three paragraphs relating to Lexington veterinarian Arnold Pessin.
By Neil Pessin
"ENTER THEN KNOCK." I will always remember that sign hanging on the office door of Fair Grounds racing secretary and director of racing Mervin Muniz. Quite a bit of "knocking" occurred in that little office over the many years that Mervin was racing secretary. If you were the subject of the knocking and were present at the time, it was futile to try and defend yourself. There was even a horse named after Mervin--King Knocker.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Final Breeders' Cup Board Seats Filled
- Harris, Frazier Lead 2014 Washingon HOF Class
- Filly Taghrooda Takes Aim at Ascot History
- OBS Fall Sale to Include Horses of Racing Age
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Equineline 'Pedigree Binder' Now Available
- Global Gaming Almanac Set for July 28 Release