Attorneys for California winemaker Jess Jackson, who has sued five former bloodstock advisers and agents and the Buckram Oaks Holdings of the late Mahmoud Fustok for alleged fraud in bloodstock and farm purchases, have amended their complaint with regard to three paragraphs relating to Lexington veterinarian Arnold Pessin.
By Neil Pessin
"ENTER THEN KNOCK." I will always remember that sign hanging on the office door of Fair Grounds racing secretary and director of racing Mervin Muniz. Quite a bit of "knocking" occurred in that little office over the many years that Mervin was racing secretary. If you were the subject of the knocking and were present at the time, it was futile to try and defend yourself. There was even a horse named after Mervin--King Knocker.
Most Popular Stories
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired
- Ruler of The World to Coolmore Stud for 2015
- Mr. Besilu to Texas' Eureka Thoroughbred Farm
- Moreno in Sharp Breeders' Cup Classic Drill
- Dayatthespa Silenced All Doubters
- Don't Tell Sophia, Ria Antonia Drill for BC
- Presque Isle Horsemen Payments Delayed
- HRRN Plans 17 Hours of Breeders' Cup Coverage
- Pedigree Analysis: Pivotal Point
- Gutsy Lankan Rupee Makes All in Manikato