Saginaw, the remarkable former claimer who excelled in New York-bred stakes company and won 14 of 18 starts for Drawing Away Stable and David Jacobson, was euthanized Aug. 30 after fracturing both sesamoids at Saratoga.
Saginaw won his fifth straight race Aug. 1 in the $100,000 John Morrissey Purse at Saratoga Race Course, an event he took in 2012 as well.
Drawing Away Stables' Saginaw turned in another remarkable effort in the $98,000 Affirmed Success Handicap, overcoming early trouble and a tepid pace before shoving his way out at the head of the stretch.
Drawing Away Stables' hard-knocking Saginaw is back to defend his title in the Affirmed Success Stakes June 1 at Belmont Park.
A fresh Saratoga Snacks denied Saginaw his 11th win of 2012 with a powerful victory in the $73,500 Alex M. Robb Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack Dec. 26.
Saginaw could win a North American-best 11th race in 2012 when he takes on four other New York-breds Dec. 26 in the $75,000 Alex M. Robb Stakes at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go