Erich Zimny, racing administrator at Charles Town Races & Slots since April 2008, has been named director of racing operations at the West Virginia track effective immediately.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
C. Kenneth Dunn, who since April 1999 has served as senior vice president of Florida operations for Churchill Downs Inc. and has spent 18 years at Calder Race Course, is stepping down, the company announced April 9. Dunn will continue to serve as an adviser for Calder through Aug. 1.
Margaret Layton, longtime communications director for Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., announced Jan. 15 she will be leaving the operation after the May 3 Kentucky Derby.
James Burk and Gary Sproule have been named chief financial officer and chief operating officer of Youbet.com, the company announced July 9.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup announced a 40% reduction in personnel and resulting administration costs as part of what they call a restructuring of their joint operating arrangement.
Most Popular Stories
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection