Personal Rush, a Japanese-based entrant in Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), breezed Wednesday at Lone Star Park in his final workout for Saturday's $4-million race.
For Everette James of Middleburg, Va., this year's Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I) will be a real "rush" because of his close connection to Japanese invader Personal Rush.
Tomiro Fukami's Personal Rush, who will run in the $4-million Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I), paid his first visit to the track Tuesday morning, and it was almost an hour before he finally made his way back to his barn.
Despite a Monday afternoon thunderstorm that dumped up to five inches of rain on the Dallas area, the Tuesday morning work tab at Lone Star Park was busy, with workouts by four contenders in Saturday's Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
The action was hot and heavy going into Breeders' Cup week, with 26 pre-entered horses working on Oct. 24, an influx of horses arriving from all parts of the country and Europe, and a serious injury to Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) contender Ready's Gal.
Michael Paulson, owner of Azeri, says regardless of where the former Horse of the Year runs, all the pros and cons will be carefully weighed, and the final decision will have the full backing of trainer D. Wayne Lukas.
Personal Rush, a Japanese group I winner by nine lengths who is owned by Tomiro Fukami, will be pre-entered for the Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I) at Lone Star Park Oct. 30.
Personal Rush, a Kentucky-bred son of Wild Rush, raced 1 1/4 miles in track-record time of 2:02.8 to win Monday's Derby Grand Prix (Jpn-I) at Japan's Morloka racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse