Champion mare Royal Delta is the class of a small group entered in the $600,000 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 25 at Saratoga, but as we saw last year in this event, sometimes even class gets beat.
Two-time champion Royal Delta, who put it all together in an overpowering victory in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. I), makes her next stop in the Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) at Saratoga, trainer Bill Mott said.
Royal Delta will make her first start at Saratoga since winning the 2011 Alabama (gr. I) as the 124-pound highweight in the Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 26.
Besilu Stables' Royal Delta put in her final serious work for the Aug. 26 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I), breezing four furlongs in a bullet :48.95 under exercise rider Rodolphe Brisset Aug. 20 at Saratoga Race Course.
Fresh off her upset victory in the Ruffian Handicap (gr. I), Farnsworth Stables' Ask the Moon will take on five rivals in the $300,000 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- BH 100: Commemorates