Veteran Maryland-based rider Mario Pino is the winner of the 2013 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, which recognizes riders for top career achievement and personal character.
The five finalists for this year's George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award are Javier Castellano, Perry Compton, David Flores, Mario Pino, and Rodney Prescott.
Unbeaten Now I Know simply ran her nine juvenile filly rivals into the ground as she led all the way to easily capture the $500,000 Delta Downs Princess (gr. III) by four lengths Nov. 19 in Vinton, La.
With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Jockeys at Prairie Meadows and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association have agreed on a new losing mount fee scale that will take effect when the track opens April 24.
Showing up helped make jockey Perry Compton a winner during Saturday's $68,600 Hawkeyes Handicap for fillies and mares at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Churchill Downs Inc. Rejoins NTRA
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Taghleeb Looks For Third Straight Win in Pan American
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- First International Aftercare Forum May 17-18
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work