Veteran Maryland-based rider Mario Pino is the winner of the 2013 George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award, which recognizes riders for top career achievement and personal character.
The five finalists for this year's George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award are Javier Castellano, Perry Compton, David Flores, Mario Pino, and Rodney Prescott.
Unbeaten Now I Know simply ran her nine juvenile filly rivals into the ground as she led all the way to easily capture the $500,000 Delta Downs Princess (gr. III) by four lengths Nov. 19 in Vinton, La.
With only a few exeptions, the leadership of the Jockeys' Guild was re-elected during the organization's annual Assembly, held in conjunction with the University of Arizona's 2010 Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Jockeys at Prairie Meadows and the Iowa Horsemen's Benevolent Protective Association have agreed on a new losing mount fee scale that will take effect when the track opens April 24.
Showing up helped make jockey Perry Compton a winner during Saturday's $68,600 Hawkeyes Handicap for fillies and mares at Prairie Meadows in Altoona, Iowa.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Flipcup Resolute in Arlington Matron Win
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont