Baron Thierry von Zuylen, who raced 1982 Eclipse Award winner Perrault, died Jan. 2 in London.
Rank these past winners of the Arlington Million. Compare your rankings to the rest of the BloodHorse.com community. Rank These Horses
Twenty-five years after legendary John Henry became the first two-time winner of the Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I), Santa Anita will mark the occasion by honoring the great gelding, along with retired Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay, Jr., who rode John Henry to his first Big 'Cap victory in 1981.
HorseRacing TV will celebrate the 30th birthday of the five-time Eclipse Award winner John Henry with a one-hour special presentation of the gelding's record 12 stakes victories at Santa Anita. "Standing Tall: John Henry at 30," will air at 11 a.m. ET (8 a.m. PT) March 9 without commentary and will feature the dozen stakes wins wire-to-wire with the original track announcers' calls.
Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay Jr., who surpassed Bill Shoemaker as racing's all-time win leader with victory No. 8,834 aboard Irish Nip here on Dec. 10, 1999, will be honored by Hollywood Park on Sunday, July 13 -- Hollywood Gold Cup Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Convey Edges Out Winter Derby Victory
- Albin Jimenez Rides 1,000th Winner