Midwest Thoroughbreds' The Pizza Man will be making his first delivery outside the Chicago area 18 months, as he looks to extend his five-race winning streak in the $300,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes (gr. IT) at Woodbine.
A world record holder at 1 1/2 miles on turf who just missed winning the United Nations last month, Twilight Eclipse looks ready for a peak effort in Sword Dancer Stakes (gr. IT) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 17.
Sam-Son Farm homebred Aldous Snow fended off late-charging Perfect Timber and won the $167,277 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) by the slimmest of margins July 6 at Woodbine.
Grade I winner Forte Dei Marmi, Canada's Sovereign Award-winning grass horse of 2013, heads a field of six entered for the $150,000 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) July 6 at Woodbine.
Forte Dei Marmi completed his climb to the top of the stakes ladder Sept. 15 with a victory in the Northern Dancer Turf Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine, the first grade I score for the veteran turf runner.
Forte Dei Marmi, looking to improve on his third-place effort of a year ago, heads a field of seven entered in the $300,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes (Can-IT) Presented by Vtech Sept. 15 at Woodbine.
The conditions at rainy and foggy Woodbine for the Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) were miserable for all except Forte Dei Marmi, who gave trainer Roger Attfield his fifth consecutive win in the race July 6.
Since Woodbine Race Course inaugurated the Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) in 2005, the 1 1/2-mile turf event has been dominated by trainer Roger Attfield, who will seek to extend his win total to six July 7 .
Most Popular Stories
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- Sweet Loretta Powers to Schuylerville Win
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Songbird Adds Star Power to Sunday's CCA Oaks