The 1 3/4-mile distance of the $176,816 Valedictory Stakes proved no problem for odds-on favorite Pool Play, who rallied wide in the stretch en route to a handy victory on closing day of the 167-day Woodbine meet Dec. 5.
Marsh Side, a career winner of more than $2.1 million at Woodbine, returns to his favorite layout to defend his title in the $750,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes - Presented by Vtech (Can-IT) Sept. 19 against eight rivals.
Memorial Maniac came from off the pace to score his first graded-stakes win in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf (gr. IIIT), the first of four graded stakes on the Arlington Park turf Aug. 21.
Free Fighter, unplaced in two starts since upsetting the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) in May, is back to defend his title in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park Aug. 21.
Favored Spice Route, making his first start in 2010, emerged from the pack in upper stretch and swept to an easy win in the $153,999 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) on Queen's Plate day at Woodbine July 4.
Coming out of a low-level maiden claiming win, Perfect Shower shocked the best 3-year-olds in Canada at 46-1 when he came from off the pace to score a three-quarters of a length win in the $467,020 Breeders' Stakes on the Woodbine turf Aug. 2.
Attention on the top 3-year-olds in Canada switches to the turf Aug. 2 when 13 line up for a contentious renewal of the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown attracted the winners of the first two events: Eye of the Leopard and Gallant.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike
- Barbados Returns in Carry Back
- Java's War Seeks Elusive Win in Singspiel
- Fox Sports 1 to Broadcast United Nations S.
- Race Day Heads Loaded Salvator Mile
- Shaman Ghost Looks for Queen's Plate Magic