The 1 3/4-mile distance of the $176,816 Valedictory Stakes proved no problem for odds-on favorite Pool Play, who rallied wide in the stretch en route to a handy victory on closing day of the 167-day Woodbine meet Dec. 5.
Marsh Side, a career winner of more than $2.1 million at Woodbine, returns to his favorite layout to defend his title in the $750,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes - Presented by Vtech (Can-IT) Sept. 19 against eight rivals.
Memorial Maniac came from off the pace to score his first graded-stakes win in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf (gr. IIIT), the first of four graded stakes on the Arlington Park turf Aug. 21.
Free Fighter, unplaced in two starts since upsetting the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) in May, is back to defend his title in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park Aug. 21.
Favored Spice Route, making his first start in 2010, emerged from the pack in upper stretch and swept to an easy win in the $153,999 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) on Queen's Plate day at Woodbine July 4.
Coming out of a low-level maiden claiming win, Perfect Shower shocked the best 3-year-olds in Canada at 46-1 when he came from off the pace to score a three-quarters of a length win in the $467,020 Breeders' Stakes on the Woodbine turf Aug. 2.
Attention on the top 3-year-olds in Canada switches to the turf Aug. 2 when 13 line up for a contentious renewal of the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine. The final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown attracted the winners of the first two events: Eye of the Leopard and Gallant.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill