Last Gunfighter, who had his six-race winning streak stopped by Flat Out in the Suburban Handicap (gr. II), looks to start another one when he takes on seven rivals in the 1 1/8-mile Philip H. Iselin Stakes at Monmouth Park.
Nearly unbeatable at Belmont Park, Flat Out collected his fifth win from six starts at the New York oval while finishing much the best for his second victory in the $350,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) July 6.
Last Gunfighter has won six in a row, including the Pimlico Special (gr. III) last time out. On July 6 he looks to make it seven when he takes on a compact field including multi-millionare Flat Out.
Godolphin Racing's Alpha, who dead-heated for first in last year's Travers Stakes (gr. I), is set to make his next start July 6 in the $350,000 Suburban Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
Breeders' Cup Marathon victor Calidoscopio, 22 lengths off the pace, caught up with seven opponents on a sloppy track to take the $200,000 Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II) June 7 at rainy Belmont Park.
Two years after winning the Belmont Stakes, George and Lori Hall's Ruler On Ice will again travel the full circuit of the Belmont Park main track oval June 7 when he starts in the 1 1/2-mile Brooklyn Handicap.
Game On Dude and Ron the Greek, two of the top older horses in training, are among the seven horses entered in the $1.5 million Charles Town Classic (gr. II) April 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Drug Testing Not Without Its Challenges