Retired riders Eddie Maple and Randy Romero, plus Mike Smith, rider of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, have been nominated to the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame. The results will be announced during Kentucky Derby Week, on April 29, at Churchill Downs. Hall of Fame induction ceremonies are scheduled for Aug. 4, at the Fasig-Tipton Sale Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot