Retired riders Eddie Maple and Randy Romero, plus Mike Smith, rider of 2002 Horse of the Year Azeri, have been nominated to the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame. The results will be announced during Kentucky Derby Week, on April 29, at Churchill Downs. Hall of Fame induction ceremonies are scheduled for Aug. 4, at the Fasig-Tipton Sale Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness