Quantum Miss set a new track record for six furlongs at Hollywood Casino at Penn National May 27 while Fabulous Strike finished fifth in another stakes on the program.
Jason, Suzanne, and Tim Holland of twinspires.com preview the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) and the Palm Beach Stakes (gr. III). Watch Video
English shipper Awesome Act, a fast-closing fourth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. II), may be the wild card in a diverse field of 10 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Gotham Stakes (gr. III) March 6 at Aqueduct.
Here is a representative group of 23 horses in alphabetical order to challenge the heavy hitters.
A look back at last weekend's races and a profile of impressive Fair Grounds allowance winner Hotep.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Stephen Got Even's rising star Peppi Knows scores his first 2-turn stakes victory in the Whirlaway Stakes. Is it a sign of Triple Crown potential?
Odds-on favorite Eightyfiveinafifty blew the first turn and was pulled up by jockey Jorge Chavez, leaving the door open for Peppi Knows to win the $100,000 Whirlaway Stakes Feb. 6 at Aqueduct.
There is no disputing the fact that Eightyfiveinafifty is fast, but the colt will get a chance to show how far he can carry his speed when he faces five 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Whirlaway Stakes Feb. 6 at Aqueduct.
Buddy's Saint, a 12-length winner of the one-mile Nashua Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 7, returned to the Big A Nov. 28 and turned the $200,000 Remsen Stakes (gr. II) into a romp, winning by 4 lengths over 20-1 longshot Peppi Knows.
Most Popular Stories
- Researchers Developing Equine Sweet Itch Test
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North