Alex Paszkeicz's Pepper Crown and John Carver & Jerry Hollendorfer's Summer Hit will renew their rivalry in another one of Golden Gate Fields' premier stakes April 25, the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT).
Swung six wide into the stretch, lightly regarded Pepper Crown uncoiled a torrid outside rally and won the $100,315 Berkeley Handicap (gr. III) going away as the longest shot in the field Nov. 30 at Golden Gate Fields.
Alex Paszkeicz scored a triple when Pepper Crown, the longest shot on the board at 46-1, rallied along the rail to win the $100,315 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) on yielding turf at Golden Gate Fields April 26.
With current earnings per starter of $36,400 compared to a 2013 stud fee of $2,000, the 13-year-old son of Tabasco Cat is starting to get some attention. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass