Ongoing, successful sports operations don't just get that way through the good fortune of chance. At the heart of achievement is the teamwork that melds individuals into a cohesive, powerful whole. Nowhere was this teamwork more in evidence than through this year's Triple Crown adventures of Point Given.
"Poor Pepe looked like a gerbil hanging on to a piece of PVC pipe," Bob Baffert said Saturday morning after Kentucky Derby favorite Point Given gave the trainer a scare following a routine gallop over the Churchill Downs surface. Baffert said Point Given came off the track, wheeled, and repeatedly reared straight up in the air, flailing his front legs, and causing exercise rider Pepe Aragon to hold on for dear life.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Youth on Display in Futurity
- Dortmund Back to Training After Injury
- Half Sisters to Preakness Winners Race Sunday
- KY Downs Ready for Meet With Record Purses
- American Pharoah to Continue Racing
- Ben's Cat Still After Third Turf Monster Win
- Pedigree Analysis: Caro
- Dialed In Colt Leads Louisiana Yearling Sale
- CHRB Committee Advances New Lasix Proposal
- First Starter Wins for Sire Get Rich Quick