Ongoing, successful sports operations don't just get that way through the good fortune of chance. At the heart of achievement is the teamwork that melds individuals into a cohesive, powerful whole. Nowhere was this teamwork more in evidence than through this year's Triple Crown adventures of Point Given.
"Poor Pepe looked like a gerbil hanging on to a piece of PVC pipe," Bob Baffert said Saturday morning after Kentucky Derby favorite Point Given gave the trainer a scare following a routine gallop over the Churchill Downs surface. Baffert said Point Given came off the track, wheeled, and repeatedly reared straight up in the air, flailing his front legs, and causing exercise rider Pepe Aragon to hold on for dear life.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014