Penske Auto Centers, which sponsored the $1-million Breeders' Cup Sprint and a series of prep races last year, announced April 6 it has discontinued operations of all of its automotive service centers. The company, part of the Penske group, operated service centers at Kmart stores in 44 states.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Limited have announced that John Deere will have entitlement rights to the $2 million Breeders' Cup Turf, its was announced Friday. The Turf is one of eight races that comprise the $13 million Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships. John Deere, the NTRA's official supplier of farm equipment, was the presenting sponsor of the 2001 edition of the Breeders' Cup Turf.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Jockeys Fined for Whip Violations in SoCal
- 'Kathy' Prevails in Perfect Sting Thriller
- Injured Jockey Selman Undergoes Back Surgery
- Got Lucky Surges to Molly Pitcher Victory
- Force Upsets New York Derby
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Oaklawn Improvements Include New Barn
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break