Penske Auto Centers, which sponsored the $1-million Breeders' Cup Sprint and a series of prep races last year, announced April 6 it has discontinued operations of all of its automotive service centers. The company, part of the Penske group, operated service centers at Kmart stores in 44 states.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Limited have announced that John Deere will have entitlement rights to the $2 million Breeders' Cup Turf, its was announced Friday. The Turf is one of eight races that comprise the $13 million Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships. John Deere, the NTRA's official supplier of farm equipment, was the presenting sponsor of the 2001 edition of the Breeders' Cup Turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- V. E. Day Adds to English Channel's Resume