The 28-year-old son of Nijinsky II stood his entire stud career at Kentucky farm.
Lenny Shulman sits down to ask Old Friends Farm founder Michael Blowen how he became interested in horse racing. Lenny also comments on Kentucky Derby prep implications with Keeneland's move of the Blue Grass Stakes. watch video
Nineteen-year-old champion and top stallion Smoke Glacken has been pensioned due to declining fertility and the effects of advancing age, Gainesway announced Nov. 1.
Grade I winner and international stallion Geri has been permanently pensioned to Old Friends, the Thoroughbred retirement center near Georgetown, Ky.
Adena Springs announced Aug. 20 that 8-year-old homebred Harlem Rocker will not return to stud in 2013. The graded stakes winner stood his first and only season at McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds.
Pensioned in 2010, Kingmambo (Mr. Prospector -- Miesque, by Nureyev) ruled the Sept. 2 international racing scene, providing two stakes winners on the day, including his 93rd lifetime added-money winner. read blog
1994 Horse of the Year and successful stallion Holy Bull, who counts 2005 Kentucky Derby winner Giacomo among his progeny, has been pensioned and will retire at Sheikh Mohammed's Jonabell Farm, Darley announced July 7.
Grade I winner Afternoon Deelites has been pensioned due to infertility and will be sent to Old Friends equine retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year