Trainer Kenny McPeek, who sent out eventual Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Sarava to win the Sir Barton Stakes a year ago, repeated in the $125,000 Sir Barton Saturday with Best Minister.
Cherokee's Boy and jockey Ryan Fogelsonger turned back a mild challenge from Penobscot Bay in the stretch and went on to an easy 2 3/4-length victory in Saturday's $150,000 Federico Tesio for 3-year-olds at Pimlico.
Trainer Gary Capuano returns to the Triple Crown trail Saturday with Maryland-bred Cherokee's Boy in the $150,000 Federico Tesio Stakes at Pimlico.
Arthur Vickers' Sky Soldier was able to carry his speed all the way to the wire and win the $60,000 Private Terms Stakes at Maryland's Laurel Park on March 29.
Gimmeawink earned his first stakes win and fourth victory in seven career starts, taking Saturday's $50,000 Miracle Wood Stakes at Laurel Park. The 3-year-old son of Elusive Quality completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:43.07 to notch his first win in a two-turn race.
Grey Comet, Boston Park, Go Rockin' Robin, Mustang Jock and Torre and Zim have emerged as likely starters for Saturday's $75,000-added Whirlaway for 3-year-olds at a 1 1/16 miles at Aqueduct Racetrack in New York.
New York-bred Grey Comet remained perfect in his young four-race career when he held off the persistent challenge of Mustang Jock to win the $81,350 Count Fleet Handicap on Saturday at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- Undefeated Ocean Knight Wins Sam F. Davis
- Avanzare Responds For Stevens in Arcadia Win
- Conquest Two Step Surprises in Palos Verdes
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Testa Rossi Gets Endeavour Victory on DQ
- Can Texas Red Be Beaten in the San Vicente?
- Far Right Works, Confirmed for Southwest