The film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner" will have its California premiere Jan. 11 at the Krikorian Theatre in Monrovia.
In a new documentary, Penny Chenery reveals that during Secretariat's 1973 Triple Crown run she had an affair with her champion racehorse's trainer, Lucien Laurin.
The sixth annual Secretariat Festival in Paris, Ky., features an appearance by Penny Chenery, and the world premiere of film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner."
The documentary "Penny & Red: the Life of Secretariat's Owner," depicting the life of Penny Chenery, whose family's Meadow Stable bred and raced the great racehorse, will have its premiere Sept. 20 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- A Q & A With Juddmonte Farms' Teddy Grimthorpe
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup