The film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner" will have its California premiere Jan. 11 at the Krikorian Theatre in Monrovia.
In a new documentary, Penny Chenery reveals that during Secretariat's 1973 Triple Crown run she had an affair with her champion racehorse's trainer, Lucien Laurin.
The sixth annual Secretariat Festival in Paris, Ky., features an appearance by Penny Chenery, and the world premiere of film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner."
The documentary "Penny & Red: the Life of Secretariat's Owner," depicting the life of Penny Chenery, whose family's Meadow Stable bred and raced the great racehorse, will have its premiere Sept. 20 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas