Roy Chapman, who campaigned dual Classic winner and champion Smarty Jones with his wife, Pat, died Feb. 17 in Pennsylvania.
While no new cases of the Equineherpes Virus (EHV-1) have been diagnosed at Penn National Race Course since a horse trained by Todd Beattie tested positive Jan. 20, the stablegate remains closed to outside horses.
The Equine Protection Network (EPN) kicked off a national horse slaughter awareness campaign in Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Indiana with billboards proclaiming, "Keep America's Horses in the Stable and off the Table!" The EPN also has launched a new website, SaveAmericasHorses.com to educate Americans about horse slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen