Roy Chapman, who campaigned dual Classic winner and champion Smarty Jones with his wife, Pat, died Feb. 17 in Pennsylvania.
While no new cases of the Equineherpes Virus (EHV-1) have been diagnosed at Penn National Race Course since a horse trained by Todd Beattie tested positive Jan. 20, the stablegate remains closed to outside horses.
The Equine Protection Network (EPN) kicked off a national horse slaughter awareness campaign in Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Indiana with billboards proclaiming, "Keep America's Horses in the Stable and off the Table!" The EPN also has launched a new website, SaveAmericasHorses.com to educate Americans about horse slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth