Roy Chapman, who campaigned dual Classic winner and champion Smarty Jones with his wife, Pat, died Feb. 17 in Pennsylvania.
While no new cases of the Equineherpes Virus (EHV-1) have been diagnosed at Penn National Race Course since a horse trained by Todd Beattie tested positive Jan. 20, the stablegate remains closed to outside horses.
The Equine Protection Network (EPN) kicked off a national horse slaughter awareness campaign in Pennsylvania, Illinois, and Indiana with billboards proclaiming, "Keep America's Horses in the Stable and off the Table!" The EPN also has launched a new website, SaveAmericasHorses.com to educate Americans about horse slaughter.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Field to Meet Flashback in Malibu
- Swiss Lake Yodeler Solves Soviet Problem
- No Jet Lag Can Make Amends in Sir Beaufort
- Mr Speaker Skims to Dania Beach Surprise
- Slideshow: A Visit to WinStar Farm
- Sweet Lulu Breaks From Rail in La Brea Clash
- Strapping Groom Much the Best in Gravesend
- Baker to Head Operations at Three Chimneys
- Ken Ramsey on Kitten's Joy
- Elusive Gold Surprises Cape Guineas Field