The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association has released a 2009 stakes schedule of 27 events worth a total of $2.375 million.
A new stakes program designed to showcase the progeny of Pennsylvania stallions will be implemented in 2009, according to the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association.
Amid the sound of hammers and drills as Philadelphia Park readies the first two floors of its grandstand in anticipation of slot machines later this year, the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association celebrated "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races" July 29.
Pennsylvania breeders celebrated the fruits of their labors at the second "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races" Oct. 5 at Philadelphia Park. Six $50,000 stakes restricted to state-breds made up the bulk of a program highlighted by the by the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association hopes to build on its first "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races," which featured six restricted stakes Oct. 6 at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award