Augustin Stable's Appealing Cat, part of an owner/trainer entry, rode the rail to win the $100,000 Mrs. Penny Stakes for Pennsylvania-bred fillies and mares on Pennsylvania's Day at the Races at Parx Racing Sept. 6.
Grade III stakes winner Waterway Run will make her first start in her home state when she takes on fellow Pennsylvania-bred fillies and mares in the $100,000 Mrs. Penny Stakes on the grass Sept. 6 at Parx Racing.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association has released a 2009 stakes schedule of 27 events worth a total of $2.375 million.
A new stakes program designed to showcase the progeny of Pennsylvania stallions will be implemented in 2009, according to the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association.
Amid the sound of hammers and drills as Philadelphia Park readies the first two floors of its grandstand in anticipation of slot machines later this year, the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association celebrated "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races" July 29.
Pennsylvania breeders celebrated the fruits of their labors at the second "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races" Oct. 5 at Philadelphia Park. Six $50,000 stakes restricted to state-breds made up the bulk of a program highlighted by the by the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association hopes to build on its first "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races," which featured six restricted stakes Oct. 6 at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Dortmund Logs Final Work for SA Derby
- The Big Beast, 3YOs Prep for Wood Day Starts