Six stakes and total purses of $845,000 for 11 races will be offered Sept. 3 when Parx Racing returns from a more than three-week break with a program for mostly Pennsylvania-bred runners.
Many of the top Pennsylvania-bred runners of the last few years will compete in four stakes, one of which will have two divisions, Sept. 5 at Parx Racing.
Augustin Stable's Appealing Cat, part of an owner/trainer entry, rode the rail to win the $100,000 Mrs. Penny Stakes for Pennsylvania-bred fillies and mares on Pennsylvania's Day at the Races at Parx Racing Sept. 6.
Grade III stakes winner Waterway Run will make her first start in her home state when she takes on fellow Pennsylvania-bred fillies and mares in the $100,000 Mrs. Penny Stakes on the grass Sept. 6 at Parx Racing.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association has released a 2009 stakes schedule of 27 events worth a total of $2.375 million.
A new stakes program designed to showcase the progeny of Pennsylvania stallions will be implemented in 2009, according to the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association.
Amid the sound of hammers and drills as Philadelphia Park readies the first two floors of its grandstand in anticipation of slot machines later this year, the Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association celebrated "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races" July 29.
Pennsylvania breeders celebrated the fruits of their labors at the second "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races" Oct. 5 at Philadelphia Park. Six $50,000 stakes restricted to state-breds made up the bulk of a program highlighted by the by the $250,000 Cotillion Handicap.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association hopes to build on its first "Pennsylvania's Day at the Races," which featured six restricted stakes Oct. 6 at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker