Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course has been granted approval by the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission to make up five racing programs that were cancelled earlier in the year because of adverse weather conditions.
Pennsylvania-based owner-trainer Andrew Davidovich is trying to prove his 10-year-old pregnant mare Violet Eyed Diva, who hasn't raced in seven years, is fit enough for a Presque Isle outing.
Jockey Fergal Lynch voluntarily surrendered his license Sept. 3, the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission said in a short release.
Jockeys at Philadelphia Park again have asked the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission to facilitate an agreement between riders and track management on catastrophic-injury insurance coverage.
- By Tom LaMarra
A racetrack at which all revenue after expenses would go toward the racing product remains in the works and in the running for a license in Pennsylvania, but the individual spearheading the project said it remains to be seen whether it would be a Thoroughbred track without slot machines, or a dual-breed facility with slots.
In a major change, Penn National Race Course has decided to racee Thursdays instead of Sundays in 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field