Pennsylvania-bred 5-year-old Page McKenney, who needed 13 starts to break his maiden in claiming company two years ago, has developed into a legitimate competitor in graded stakes.
The catalog for the 2014 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic yearling sale, which features 450 yearlings Sept. 29, is available to download.
The Pennsylvania Horse Breeders Association (PHBA) has added three additional stakes for state-breds to the 2014 race schedule, the group announced Aug. 12.
"He was just getting better... He matured and had filled out nicely. He was more rounded and he was more settled."--trainer John Servis on Smarty Jones at the time of his Rebel Stakes win.
Horses bred in Pa. have made their mark, beginning with Iroquois' victory in the Derby at Epsom in 1881. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?