Wildcat Heir's hallmarks were consistency and the ability to transmit precocious speed, characteristics that made him highly desirable to Florida breeders.
Wildcat Heir is pretty one-dimensional as a sire, but what he does, he does well, getting solid sprinters that can handle a variety of surfaces.
Smith Farm and Stable's Javerre, a winner of four races last year, has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year for 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Focused Hemsworth Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Abel Tasman, Elate Exit CCA Oaks in Good Order
- Hard Aces Looks for Repeat in Cougar II
- Big World to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Awesome Banner Posts Bullet Ahead of Vanderbilt
- Court Gives FL Breeders Right to Challenge Awards Plan