Wildcat Heir's hallmarks were consistency and the ability to transmit precocious speed, characteristics that made him highly desirable to Florida breeders.
Wildcat Heir is pretty one-dimensional as a sire, but what he does, he does well, getting solid sprinters that can handle a variety of surfaces.
Smith Farm and Stable's Javerre, a winner of four races last year, has been named New Jersey-bred Horse of the Year for 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Laoban Works Toward Return