The select portion of New Zealand Bloodstock's national yearling sale, which ended its three-day run Feb. 4 at Karaka, couldn't keep pace with last year's edition.
A son of Stravinsky was sold for US$906,000 during Monday's opening session of New Zealand National Yearling Sale to David Ellis.
Peter Vela, owner of the Karaka Sales Complex and an avid breeder, consigns top-priced horse.
Gross, average record big increases at the New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling auction.
In what amounts to a massive coup for the New Zealand Thoroughbred industry, Peter and Philip Vela have announced the purchase by their Pencarrow Stud of 20 broodmares in foal to Irish sensation Danehill.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.