Walter New's homebred Flying Circle launched a furious rally in the stretch to finish a half-length in front, and then survived an inquiry by stewards to win the $111,100 Mariah's Storm Stakes, a five-furlong event for fillies and mares, 3-years-old and up, on the turf Nov. 18 at Churchill Downs.
Flying Circle turned the tables on Smitty's Sunshine in the $250,000 Distaff Turf Sprint Championship at Calder Race Course on Saturday, rallying from sixth in the stretch under jockey Manny Aguilar to win by three-quarters of a length over Unbridled Sidney.
Favored Pembroke Hall won the $50,000 Rocket Man at Calder Race Course Saturday as two-time Golden Shaheen (UAE-I) winner Caller One finished third in his first race since May 11,2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Pressure Off Sherman After 'Chrome's Dazzler
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap