Stay Thirsty, last year's Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner, proved no match for Trickmeister in the Vanlandingham Stakes at Belmont Park May 17.
Undefeated Trickmeister, making his first start in nearly 16 months, showed little rust Dec. 17 at Gulfstream Park, winning the $60,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes by 5 1/4 lengths for his fifth consecutive triumph.
The son of Lion Heart is roaring through the juvenile ranks after selling for $250,000 earlier this year.
Radiohead, in his first start since finishing seventh in last fall's Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), coasted to a 3 1/2-length win over Homeboykris in a $44,000 allowance race at Gulfstream Park Feb. 27.
Laragh, the only graded winner in the May 1 Edgewood Stakes, won the race in wire-to-wire fashion over favored Magical Affair.
Trapped on the inside coming down the lane, a patient Julien Leparoux guided favored Pure Clan through a narrow opening between horses and outfought French raider Satan's Circus in the final furlong to win the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park July 5.
Ariege, racing for the first time on a synthetic track, took the overland route to victory in the $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), holding off favored Golden Doc A by a half-length March 8.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap