Stay Thirsty, last year's Travers Stakes (gr. I) winner, proved no match for Trickmeister in the Vanlandingham Stakes at Belmont Park May 17.
Undefeated Trickmeister, making his first start in nearly 16 months, showed little rust Dec. 17 at Gulfstream Park, winning the $60,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes by 5 1/4 lengths for his fifth consecutive triumph.
The son of Lion Heart is roaring through the juvenile ranks after selling for $250,000 earlier this year.
Radiohead, in his first start since finishing seventh in last fall's Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), coasted to a 3 1/2-length win over Homeboykris in a $44,000 allowance race at Gulfstream Park Feb. 27.
Laragh, the only graded winner in the May 1 Edgewood Stakes, won the race in wire-to-wire fashion over favored Magical Affair.
Trapped on the inside coming down the lane, a patient Julien Leparoux guided favored Pure Clan through a narrow opening between horses and outfought French raider Satan's Circus in the final furlong to win the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park July 5.
Ariege, racing for the first time on a synthetic track, took the overland route to victory in the $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I), holding off favored Golden Doc A by a half-length March 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015