Willmott Stables' Eddington, third in the Travers (gr. I) in his last start, drew post six for Friday's $300,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on opening night at the Meadowlands.
After talking to owner Roy Chapman Monday morning, trainer John Servis has mapped out a tentative plan for Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner Smarty Jones that includes the Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), Pegasus Handicap (gr. III), and finally the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Regal Sanction took command in mid-stretch and dug in to hold off the late-closing No Parole by a head in the $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at the Meadowlands on Friday night.
Starlight Stable's Harlan's Holiday drew the outside post position among seven 3-year-olds entered for Friday night's $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/8 mile at the Meadowlands Racetrack.
Harlan's Holiday was assigned highweight of 122 pounds for Friday's $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) at the Meadowlands.
Volponi sat patiently behind the dueling leaders and kicked home in the stretch to take the $250,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) on Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Kiss A Native won the $250,000 Pegasus Handicap on Friday night, beating Cool N Collective by five lengths in the race for 3-year-olds at the Meadowlands. Pine Dance finished third.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Will Exaggerator Be Beaten in the Travers?
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic