A daughter of Red Bullet brought the top price of $30,000 during the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga open yearling sale Aug. 12 in New York.
Prices at the top level were not so high on the second day of Europe's premier yearling sale, Tattersalls October yearling (part 1), Wednesday at Newmarket, England.
A Woodman colt set an Italian record when he brought 280,000 euros ($343,308) Thursday.
An Acatenango colt brought 170,000 euros (approximately $206,363 in U.S. funds) Tuesday to top the third session of L'Agence Francaise's Deauville August yearling sale in France.
Most Popular Stories
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Bell to Head Thoroughbred Aftercare Alliance
- Indiana Grand Reports Increased Wagering
- Aussie Sale Buyers Can Request Steroid Test
- Court Decision Threatens Illinois Racing
- Newsmakers of 2014
- RCI Request Would Change RMTC's Current Role
- Cancer Takes Hillary Farish Stratton
- Moment of the Year Voting Begins
- Florida Horseman Gary Caple Dies