In 2006, Red Evie rattled off seven straight wins, culminating with a victory in the Coolmore Fusaichi Pegasus Matron Stakes (Ire-I) in September. On Saturday at Newbury Race Course, Red Evie proved that victory wasn't a fluke by adding the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) to her resume.
The 2006 Thoroughbred Breeders' Association (TBA) Awards, of which 12 of the 14 are announced Dec. 7, acknowledge the achievements of a diverse selection of British breeders, both large and small.
Clive Brittain pulled off another big race surprise when his 3-year-old filly, Rajeem, landed the UAE Equestrian and Racing Federation Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at odds of 50-1 at Newmarket on Wednesday.
Champion trainer Sir Michael Stoute's horses have been winning at an impressive 40% rate during the month of May. On Saturday at Newbury, Peeress added to that total, with an impressive 1 ¾-length victory in the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I).
Sir Michael Stoute appeared to be holding a strong hand going into Saturday's Kingdom of Bahrain Sun Chariot Stakes (Eng-I) for fillies and mares at Newmarket.
Elite Racing Club's Soviet Song rebounded from a third-place finish last out to successfully defend her title in Tuesday's UAE Equestrian and Racing Federation Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at England's Newmarket Racecourse.
Peeress, a 4-year-old daughter of Pivotal, experienced little difficulty in winning the $234,806 Windsor Forest Stakes (Eng-II) June 15 the second day of the Royal Ascot meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Big Gains Mark Keeneland Sale's Day 11
- Illinois Board Has Tough Call on 2015 Dates
- Undrafted Returns in Kentucky Downs Turf Dash
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Filly First Winner for Line of David