By Barry Irwin -- Racing is at a crossroads on many fronts these days. The New York Racing Association has its back up against the wall. The National Thoroughbred Racing Association is in a leadership transition. The Thoroughbred Championship Tour is trying to get off the ground. Purses face erosion from off-shore betting schemes. But the single greatest problem facing the game--how to restore integrity to the race itself--is not receiving the attention it so desperately requires.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session