By Barry Irwin -- Racing is at a crossroads on many fronts these days. The New York Racing Association has its back up against the wall. The National Thoroughbred Racing Association is in a leadership transition. The Thoroughbred Championship Tour is trying to get off the ground. Purses face erosion from off-shore betting schemes. But the single greatest problem facing the game--how to restore integrity to the race itself--is not receiving the attention it so desperately requires.
Most Popular Stories
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Live Racing Blows In at Mahoning Valley
- Lope de Vega Colt Leads Tattersalls Trading
- Catching Up with Go for Gin
- NEHBPA Files Application to Operate Suffolk
- 32 Horses Die in Chicago-Area Stable Fire
- Catching Up with Hansel
- Salute the Sarge to E.A. Ranches in Calif.