Eclipse-Award winning jockey Kyle Frey fractured his right collarbone and sustained other injuries when his mount went down approaching the far turn in the seventh race Jan. 2 at Golden Gate Fields.
Four-year-old filly Shi'ah Sand, victorious just once in 33 previous starts, tested the fuses in the tote board at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 26 when she scored at odds of 131-1 on opening day of the track's winter meeting.
Jockey Pedro Flores sustained a fractured right collarbone and bruising to his lower back in a spill in the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- From Turf to Dirt, Bolo Targets SA Derby
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Pereira Taken to Hospital After SA Spill
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- American Pharoah Tops KDFW Pool 4
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel