Eclipse-Award winning jockey Kyle Frey fractured his right collarbone and sustained other injuries when his mount went down approaching the far turn in the seventh race Jan. 2 at Golden Gate Fields.
Four-year-old filly Shi'ah Sand, victorious just once in 33 previous starts, tested the fuses in the tote board at Golden Gate Fields Dec. 26 when she scored at odds of 131-1 on opening day of the track's winter meeting.
Jockey Pedro Flores sustained a fractured right collarbone and bruising to his lower back in a spill in the fifth race at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga