The curtain will be drawn on jockey Pedro Alvarado's career with his mount on Mr Exspeedient Oct. 14 in the final race of the 2012 season at Hastings Racecourse.
Tommy Danzigger, ridden by Pedro Alvarado, won the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) Aug. 22 in an 8-1 surprise at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Pacesetter Halo Steven got pressure all the way on the front end of the $311,838 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sunday at Hastings Park, but managed to hang on to win by a nose in a torrid four-horse blanket finish.
See Me Through, registering her first stakes win, led from gate to wire to win the $180,637 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-III) for fillies and mares at Hastings Park.
Roscoe Pito won his fourth straight Sunday, taking the $331,250 British Columbia Derby (Can-II) as the 7-5 favorite at Hastings Park.
The meet-end figures at Hastings Park showed a 29.7% increase in purses and nearly 6% upswing in total handle.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House