The curtain will be drawn on jockey Pedro Alvarado's career with his mount on Mr Exspeedient Oct. 14 in the final race of the 2012 season at Hastings Racecourse.
Tommy Danzigger, ridden by Pedro Alvarado, won the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) Aug. 22 in an 8-1 surprise at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Pacesetter Halo Steven got pressure all the way on the front end of the $311,838 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sunday at Hastings Park, but managed to hang on to win by a nose in a torrid four-horse blanket finish.
See Me Through, registering her first stakes win, led from gate to wire to win the $180,637 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-III) for fillies and mares at Hastings Park.
Roscoe Pito won his fourth straight Sunday, taking the $331,250 British Columbia Derby (Can-II) as the 7-5 favorite at Hastings Park.
The meet-end figures at Hastings Park showed a 29.7% increase in purses and nearly 6% upswing in total handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014