The curtain will be drawn on jockey Pedro Alvarado's career with his mount on Mr Exspeedient Oct. 14 in the final race of the 2012 season at Hastings Racecourse.
Tommy Danzigger, ridden by Pedro Alvarado, won the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) Aug. 22 in an 8-1 surprise at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Pacesetter Halo Steven got pressure all the way on the front end of the $311,838 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sunday at Hastings Park, but managed to hang on to win by a nose in a torrid four-horse blanket finish.
See Me Through, registering her first stakes win, led from gate to wire to win the $180,637 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-III) for fillies and mares at Hastings Park.
Roscoe Pito won his fourth straight Sunday, taking the $331,250 British Columbia Derby (Can-II) as the 7-5 favorite at Hastings Park.
The meet-end figures at Hastings Park showed a 29.7% increase in purses and nearly 6% upswing in total handle.
Most Popular Stories
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know