The curtain will be drawn on jockey Pedro Alvarado's career with his mount on Mr Exspeedient Oct. 14 in the final race of the 2012 season at Hastings Racecourse.
Tommy Danzigger, ridden by Pedro Alvarado, won the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) Aug. 22 in an 8-1 surprise at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta.
Pacesetter Halo Steven got pressure all the way on the front end of the $311,838 British Columbia Derby (Can-III) Sunday at Hastings Park, but managed to hang on to win by a nose in a torrid four-horse blanket finish.
See Me Through, registering her first stakes win, led from gate to wire to win the $180,637 Ballerina Breeders' Cup Stakes (Can-III) for fillies and mares at Hastings Park.
Roscoe Pito won his fourth straight Sunday, taking the $331,250 British Columbia Derby (Can-II) as the 7-5 favorite at Hastings Park.
The meet-end figures at Hastings Park showed a 29.7% increase in purses and nearly 6% upswing in total handle.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Pan American Conference Draws a Crowd
- Sun and Warmer Temps Forecast for Belmont Day
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- De Kock Says American Pharoah a 'Super Horse'
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- Sherman Reflects on Belmont Past and Present
- Stewart 'Feeling Good' About Tale of Verve