One race after seeing her three-race win streak come to an end, grade I winner Discreet Marq bounced back to claim her third stakes victory this season with a clear victory in the $200,000 Pebbles Stakes Oct. 14 at Belmont.
Discreet Marq, winner of the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) this summer and most recently second in the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT), heads a talented group of fillies in the $200,000 Pebbles Stakes on the turf Oct. 14 at Belmont Park.
Cayuga's Waters used her speed to her advantage Monday afternoon to beat Wait It Out by a neck in the 13th running of the $110,900 Pebbles for 3-year-old fillies running a mile in the Columbus Day feature at Belmont Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel had entered three in Monday's 10th running of the Pebbles Handicap, figuring he had a great opportunity to win this nine-furlong grass event and maybe get some grade III placings for trio of fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull