One race after seeing her three-race win streak come to an end, grade I winner Discreet Marq bounced back to claim her third stakes victory this season with a clear victory in the $200,000 Pebbles Stakes Oct. 14 at Belmont.
Discreet Marq, winner of the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) this summer and most recently second in the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT), heads a talented group of fillies in the $200,000 Pebbles Stakes on the turf Oct. 14 at Belmont Park.
Cayuga's Waters used her speed to her advantage Monday afternoon to beat Wait It Out by a neck in the 13th running of the $110,900 Pebbles for 3-year-old fillies running a mile in the Columbus Day feature at Belmont Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel had entered three in Monday's 10th running of the Pebbles Handicap, figuring he had a great opportunity to win this nine-furlong grass event and maybe get some grade III placings for trio of fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream