One race after seeing her three-race win streak come to an end, grade I winner Discreet Marq bounced back to claim her third stakes victory this season with a clear victory in the $200,000 Pebbles Stakes Oct. 14 at Belmont.
Discreet Marq, winner of the Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) this summer and most recently second in the Garden City Stakes (gr. IT), heads a talented group of fillies in the $200,000 Pebbles Stakes on the turf Oct. 14 at Belmont Park.
Cayuga's Waters used her speed to her advantage Monday afternoon to beat Wait It Out by a neck in the 13th running of the $110,900 Pebbles for 3-year-old fillies running a mile in the Columbus Day feature at Belmont Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Bobby Frankel had entered three in Monday's 10th running of the Pebbles Handicap, figuring he had a great opportunity to win this nine-furlong grass event and maybe get some grade III placings for trio of fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Record Stakes Purses Set for Oaklawn Park
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Palace Malice Headlines Huge Day of Racing