MAHUBAH'S CORNER by Avalyn Hunter Anak Nakal's win in the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) November 24 indicates that Four Roses Thoroughbreds does have a promising young racehorse with plenty of potential for improvement. That's a nice thing to have when looking forward to the 2008 Triple Crown trail. Any stamina transmitted to Anak Nakal by his sire Victory Gallop, winner of the 1998 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) is supplemented nicely by the distaff side of his pedigree. Anak Nakal's dam, Misk, was produced from Perlee (FR), who scored her biggest win in the 1982 Prix de Minerve (Fr-III) over 2,400 meters.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September