Pearl Bloodstock's unbeaten Karpino overwhelmed nine overmatched rivals May 25 at Cologne in capturing the Mehl-Mulhens-Rennen (Ger-II, German Two Thousand Guineas) and stamped his ticket to the German Derby (Ger-I).
The Tattersalls mare sale Dec. 4 continued to show significant gains across all three key market indicators on its third day, led by French group III winner Purr Along.
The Prix Ganay (Fr-I), the first top-level race of the European season, was won in style by last year's German Derby (Ger-I) winner Pastorius.
Japan's brilliant filly Gentildonna begins her international campaign March 30 in the $5 million Longines Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I) on the Dubai World Cup (UAE-I) undercard at Meydan.
The Criterium International (Fr-I) for 2-year-olds on Nov. 1 at Saint-Cloud attracted six entrants, among them a pair of familiar rivals in Pearl Flute and Us Law, both group III winners.
French stayer Dunaden stormed from near the back of the field and won the $2,583,125 Caulfield Cup (Aus-I) Oct. 20 to kept his perfect record in Australia in tact.
The yearling portion of the Tattersalls December sale established a record for its median price of 20,500 guineas ($34,007 in U.S. funds) Nov. 21 in England. The figure increased 127.8% from a year ago.
Lightening Pearl took command two furlongs from the wire and held off the late bid of Sunday Times to win the $255,000 Jaguar Cars Cheveley Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket Sept. 24.
Gross sales rose dramatically during the Tattersalls December Mare sale due to a strong Bloomsbury Stud dispersal and two mares that sold for more than 1 million guineas each.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31