Broodmares and broodmare prospects are among the horses that will be offered as the breeding season approaches.
Peach Brew, who won two stakes last year, including the Arlington Oaks (gr. III), was named Horse of the Year and top 3-year-old female by the Oklahoma Thoroughbred Association.
Defending champ Euphony and last year's Arlington Oaks (gr. III) winner Peach Brew, both trained by Donnie K. Von Hemel, are among 12 entered in the $150,000 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III) May 29.
Eleven-time winner Jessica Is Back, coming off a nine-length romp in the Ocala Stakes at Gulfstream Park one month ago, is the 5-2 morning line favorite in the $200,000 Sixty Sails Handicap (gr. III) April 17.
Victorious in her past five races, Romacaca makes her graded stakes debut when she heads a full field of a dozen 3-year-old fillies entered for the $200,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the Arlington Park turf Sept. 7.
Peach Brew, far back early, wore down her rivals in the homestretch after the pacesetters fell apart to post a half-length victory in the $150,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III) July 18.
C.S. Silk, a six-length winner of the Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) as a 2-year-old last September at Arlington Park, returns to the site of her biggest victory July 18 in the $150,000 Arlington Oaks (gr. III).
Seven 3-year-old fillies, led by probable favorite Just Jenda, will try to earn their first grades stakes victory in the $100,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 15 at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit