Jockey Ryan Fogelsonger had a banner day, winning the $150,000 John D. Schapiro Memorial Breeders' Cup Handicap astride Lusty Latin and five other races on Saturday's ten-race Pimlico card. Fogelsonger's six wins topped his previous day's best of five.
Grade I winner Southern Image, ridden comfortably by Victor Espinoza, ranged up three wide on the outside, then won a brief stretch battle with Excess Summer to register a commanding three-length victory in the $1 million Barretts/CTBA Classic on Sunshine Millions Day at Santa Anita Saturday.
Darley Stable's Millennium Dragon, a two-time winner on the Belmont Park Widener Turf course, has an edge in Saturday's $350,000 Kelso Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) at a mile.
Pay The Preacher, ridden Saturday by Cornelio Velasquez, outlasted favorite and defending champion Best Of The Rest for the length victory in the $100,000 Spend A Buck Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase