Azeri, the 2002 Horse of the Year and 2003 champion older filly or mare owned by the Allen Paulson Living Trust, tuned up for the grade I, $400,000 Personal Ensign Aug. 27 with a sparkling breeze on the Oklahoma training track Thursday morning.
Astra, a disappointment when finishing last as the 7-10 favorite in the 2001 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. I), returns to Arlington Park Saturday to face defending champion England's Legend and four other female turf runners of international caliber in the $700,000 Beverly D.
One day after firing Simon Bray as its trainer, the Allen E. Paulson Living Trust on Thursday transferred its stallions, including Theatrical and Jade Hunter, and 18 mares and foals from Diamond A Farm to John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms