Azeri, the 2002 Horse of the Year and 2003 champion older filly or mare owned by the Allen Paulson Living Trust, tuned up for the grade I, $400,000 Personal Ensign Aug. 27 with a sparkling breeze on the Oklahoma training track Thursday morning.
Astra, a disappointment when finishing last as the 7-10 favorite in the 2001 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. I), returns to Arlington Park Saturday to face defending champion England's Legend and four other female turf runners of international caliber in the $700,000 Beverly D.
One day after firing Simon Bray as its trainer, the Allen E. Paulson Living Trust on Thursday transferred its stallions, including Theatrical and Jade Hunter, and 18 mares and foals from Diamond A Farm to John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered