Azeri, the 2002 Horse of the Year and 2003 champion older filly or mare owned by the Allen Paulson Living Trust, tuned up for the grade I, $400,000 Personal Ensign Aug. 27 with a sparkling breeze on the Oklahoma training track Thursday morning.
Astra, a disappointment when finishing last as the 7-10 favorite in the 2001 Beverly D. Stakes (gr. I), returns to Arlington Park Saturday to face defending champion England's Legend and four other female turf runners of international caliber in the $700,000 Beverly D.
One day after firing Simon Bray as its trainer, the Allen E. Paulson Living Trust on Thursday transferred its stallions, including Theatrical and Jade Hunter, and 18 mares and foals from Diamond A Farm to John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Cibelli Wins Her First Race After 60-Day Ban
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- Grade I Winner Mission Approved Retired
- Legacy Bloodstock Relaunched by Easthams
- Big Fields for Hollywood's Final Curtain Call
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bourbon Courage Faces Csaba, Neck 'n Neck
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North