KET to host a pair of fund-raising premiere: one in northern Kentucky Feb. 24, and one at the Keeneland Sale Pavilion Feb. 26.
Documentary filmmaker is putting finishing touches on 'Thoroughbred' which will debut on KET March 8.
Paul Wagner-directed production was filmed on last year's Triple Crown trail.
A year and a half after Kentucky Education Television received a $2.25 million endowment to film a documentary called "The Thoroughbred," the project was in full swing during Kentucky Derby week at Churchill Downs.
The first Kentucky-related documentary funded by a $2.25 million endowment to Kentucky Educational Television was announced at an Oct. 18 ceremony at Keeneland. The documentary, called "Thoroughbred," is slated to premier nationwide by March 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Storms Eye and Europe to Bearfoot Farms
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- Brown Enters Pleuven, Request in Dania Beach
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY