KET to host a pair of fund-raising premiere: one in northern Kentucky Feb. 24, and one at the Keeneland Sale Pavilion Feb. 26.
Documentary filmmaker is putting finishing touches on 'Thoroughbred' which will debut on KET March 8.
Paul Wagner-directed production was filmed on last year's Triple Crown trail.
A year and a half after Kentucky Education Television received a $2.25 million endowment to film a documentary called "The Thoroughbred," the project was in full swing during Kentucky Derby week at Churchill Downs.
The first Kentucky-related documentary funded by a $2.25 million endowment to Kentucky Educational Television was announced at an Oct. 18 ceremony at Keeneland. The documentary, called "Thoroughbred," is slated to premier nationwide by March 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown