KET to host a pair of fund-raising premiere: one in northern Kentucky Feb. 24, and one at the Keeneland Sale Pavilion Feb. 26.
Documentary filmmaker is putting finishing touches on 'Thoroughbred' which will debut on KET March 8.
Paul Wagner-directed production was filmed on last year's Triple Crown trail.
A year and a half after Kentucky Education Television received a $2.25 million endowment to film a documentary called "The Thoroughbred," the project was in full swing during Kentucky Derby week at Churchill Downs.
The first Kentucky-related documentary funded by a $2.25 million endowment to Kentucky Educational Television was announced at an Oct. 18 ceremony at Keeneland. The documentary, called "Thoroughbred," is slated to premier nationwide by March 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby